Confidence™ 7640 Sewing Machine
Confidence™ 7640 Sewing Machine
- LCD Screen shows stitch selections and settings
- 200 Built-in Stitches - basic, stretch, decorative
- 40 Character Memory
- Speed Control for precision or volume
- Programmable Needle Up/Down for applique, quilting, and more
The Confidence 7640 sewing machine has many features sewists love! With 200 stitches from which to choose, you can create and embellish fashions, home decor and much more. There are alpha-numeric patterns built-in as well, so you can personalize projects with lettering. Sew buttonholes in one easy step with consistent results every time. You can even choose from 8 different styles of buttonholes – like the basic bartack style, round end and keyhole, great for menswear and outerwear. Programmable Needle Up/Down is a must-have for quilting, sewing appliques and even topstitching. When you select a stitch, the optimum stitch length and width are selected for you, saving time. Customize stitches to personalize projects using adjustable stitch length and stitch width, viewable on the LCD screen. The Top Drop-in Bobbin allows you to easily monitor your thread supply so you don't run out of thread in the middle of a seam. You can even set the maximum sewing speed of the machine using the Speed Control lever – slower for more intricate projects or faster for long seams on curtains or duvets – you're always in control. Take off the Removable Storage Compartment to access the Free Arm, which makes it even easier to sew around trouser hems and cuffs, children's clothing and other smaller projects. Among the numerous accessories included is the SINGER® Sew Easy Foot to help you guide fabric for perfectly straight seams. There is also an online Owner's Class video available whenever you feel like you want a little assistance.
General Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Sew Easy Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Even Feed/Walking Foot, Open Toe Foot, Cording Foot, Extension Table, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Edge/Quilting Guide, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15 transparent), Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdriver, Soft Dust Cover, Stitch Pattern Chart and Stitch Card Holder
- Instructional Video (+)Learn your machine's basics like threading the machine correctly, selecting stitches, making a buttonhole, changing the needle and more. Available online whenever your are!
- Built-In Lettering (+)Personalize projects with words, phrases or monograms
- Temporary Memory Capability (40 Characters)Combine stitch patterns to create a unique stitch sequence
- Built-In Stitches (200)Choose from a variety of stitches for basic sewing, decorative sewing, and more
- One-Step Buttonhole (8)Buttonholes are sewn in one easy step. Just place the button in the buttonhole foot and the machine sews a buttonhole perfectly sized for that button, delivering consistent results every time.
- Built-In Needle Threader (+)Effortlessly threads the eye of the needle eliminating eye strain and saving you time.
- Top Drop In Bobbin (+)Easy to thread and easy to see! The tranparent bobbin and cover allow you to monitor your thread supply so you don't run out of thread in the middle of a seam.
- Drop Feed (+)Feed teeth can be lowered for button sewing or free-motion sewing - a must-have for quilters! Simply slide the Drop Feed Lever to lower the feed teeth. Slide it back and turn the handwheel one full turn to raise the feed teeth again.
- Touch Button Stitch Selection (+)Select your stitch with a simple touch of a button - the optimum stitch length and stitch width are preselected so you can start sewing faster, but stitch settings can be adjusted as desired to customized for your projects
- Adjustable Stitch Length (4.5mm)Customize the appearance of a stitch by increasing or decreasing the distance between stitches. Use this function for various stitch techniques like applique, basting and more.
- Adjustable Stitch Width (7mm)The size of the stitch from left to right is adjustable, to make the stitch sew narrower or wider as desired.
- Reverse (Touch Button)Sew stitches in reverse, usually done to secure a seam at the beginning and end to prevent unraveling.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame (+)The machine's interior frame is metal, providing long lasting durability
- Speed Control (Mechanical)Set the maximum sewing speed of the machine
- Start/Stop Button (+)Allows you to sew without using the foot control, if desired. Press the button to start sewing, then press again to stop sewing.
- Needle Up/Down (+)Select the needle's stopping position on demand
- Programmable Needle Up/Down (+)Set the needle's stopping position as desired. Press to have the needle stop down in the fabric each time you stop sewing, great for applique, topstitching and more.
- StayBright™ LED Lights (1)Multiple lights on both sides of the needle provide clear view of the sewing area while eliminating shadows
- LCD Screen (+)LCD screen clearly displays your selected stitch as well as stitch settings for length and width.
- Free Arm (+)Slide off the Removable Storage Compartment for access to the free arm, making it easy to sew trouser hems, sleeve cuffs and other smaller or tubular projects
- Extension Table Included (+)A large extension table is included, providing a level sewing surface for larger projects like quilts.
- Machine Cover (Soft Cover)A cover is provided with your machine to help keep it dust free when not in use
- Snap-On Presser Feet (+)Presser feet can be easily removed and attached when needed for various sewing techniques
- Twin-Needle Function (+)For stitches other than the straight stitch, this function reduces stitch width for sewing with a twin needle so the needles clear the presser foot while sewing.
- Bobbin Class (15 Transparent)SINGER or INSPIRA branded bobbins are recommended for best results
- Machine Size (21 x 14 x 11)
- Machine Weight (14)
- Box Size (20.9 x 11.4 x 14)
- Box Weight (17.86)