Product quantity cannot be greater than 99
Tear-A-Way Sticky Stabilizer 12" x 5 yards
Tear A Way Sticky is an adhesive surfaced stabilizer.
- 12" x 5 yards
- Easy-tear adhesive design
- Strong tacky surface that holds hooped work securely
- Perfect for heavier fabrics too thick to hoop such as canvas, jeans, leather or thick vinyl
- Covered with a paper layer to protect the adhesive surface until needed
Tear A Way Sticky is an adhesive surfaced stabilizer. The strong tacky surface is strong enough to hold your item in the hoop securely. The adhesive surface is covered with a paper layer to protect the adhesive surface until needed.
Use for small items not large enough to hoop. Also, perfect for heavier fabrics too thick to hoop such as canvas, jeans, leather or thick vinyl. Tear A Way Sticky is perfect to hold in place the front or brim of hats, purse straps, belts, collars, cuffs, pant legs, and unevenly shaped items not fitting in hoop.
For Non-Hoop process (also known as “Hoop-less” embroidery):
• Cut piece of Tear A Way Sticky stabilizer at least 1” larger than hoop.
• Place stabilizer piece on flat surface with paper covered adhesive side up.
• Starting at one top corner of hoop, gently score paper covering by running needle or pin point across paper to bottom
opposite corner of hoop. Repeat with other corner to corner scoring. This forms an “X”. Be careful not to slice all the way
through adhesive layered paper. Peel back paper to expose adhesive layer.
• Position back of outer hoop ring on exposed adhesive area (this process does not require inner hoop ring).
• Position wrong side of fabric on adhesive surface area desired for embroidery. Can be repositioned with very slight loss of
• Embroider, remove outer hoop piece. Peel back excess stabilizer from wrong side of fabric up to stitches. Use utility
scissors to trim away excess stabilizer close to stitches. Clean hoop and scissors with acetone.
For Hoop Embroidery:
Cut Tear A Way Sticky stabilizer at least 2” larger than hoop size, remove or peel back paper to expose adhesive layer.
• Center stabilizer piece on top of outer hoop with adhesive side up.
• Position wrong side of fabric on tacky surface of stabilizer. Position inner hoop ring on top of fabric, tighten.
• Embroider, remove from hoop. Peel back excess stabilizer from wrong side of fabric to stitches and tear away.
• Important: Remove Tear A Way Sticky stabilizer immediately after embroidery. Do not iron or add heat while fabric is on Tear A Way Sticky stabilizer.