Studio™ S18 Sewing and Quilting Machine
Studio™ S18 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 400 Built-in Stitches – basic, stretch, decorative
- Built-in One-Step Buttonhole – 7 styles to choose from
- Programmable Needle Up-Down sets needle stopping position
- Built-in Thread Trimmer trims both top and bottom threads
- Knee Lifter Included
The Studio S18 sewing machine has features that quilters especially are looking for, starting with 400 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, buttonholes, quilting, alpha-numeric patterns and more. Stitches, as well as stitch settings, clearly display on the LCD screen. Stitches can also be combined to create unique stitch sequences – up to 50 characters. Many stitch patterns can be mirror-imaged or elongated, offering even more creative possibilities. In addition to a built-in Needle Threader, there is an Independent Bobbin Winding Motor so you can wind bobbins without having to unthread the machine. There is a built-in Thread Cutter that trims both the top and bottom threads with a single touch of a button. Engage the Programmable Needle Up/Down to have your needle stop down in the fabric, which is great for applique, pivoting around a pocket corner or free-motion sewing. The Speed Control feature lets you set your machine's maximum sewing speed just the way you want it – slower for intricate projects like applique, or faster for free-motion sewing or long seams. Use the included Knee Lifter to raise and lower the presser foot so you can keep both hands on your project. A Large Extension Table is included which provides a level sewing surface for larger projects such as quilts or home decor items.
General Purpose Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Overedge Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Zipper Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Overcasting Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Darning/Embroidery Foot, Quarter Inch Foot, Even Feed/Walking Foot, Open Toe Foot, Screwdrivers, Needles, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Thread Spool Caps, Bobbins (SINGER Part #68004348), Edge/Quilting Guide, Adjustable Seam Guide, Knee Lifter, Accessory Storage Box and Soft Dust Cover
- Built-In Lettering (2 Alphabets)Personalize projects with words, phrases or monograms
- Stitch Elongation (Up to 5x)Select stitches can be increased in length while maintainingstitch density
- Mirror Imaging (+)Invert stitch patterns from side to side for more creative options
- Permanent Memory Capability (50)Combine stitch patterns to create unique stitch sequences which can be saved in the machine's memory
- Built-In Stitches (408)Choose from a variety of stitches for basic sewing, decorative sewing, and more
- One-Step Buttonhole (7)Buttonholes are sewn in one easy step. Just place the button in the buttonhole foot and the machine sews a buttonhole perfectly sized for that button, delivering consistent results every time.
- Built-In Needle Threader (+)Effortlessly threads the eye of the needle eliminating eye strain and saving you time.
- Top Drop In Bobbin (+)Easy to thread and easy to see! The tranparent bobbin and cover allow you to monitor your thread supply so you don't run out of thread in the middle of a seam.
- Independent Bobbin Winding (+)Separate bobbin winding motor allows you to wind the bobbin without unthreading the machine
- Built-In Thread Cutter (+)Trim both the top and bobbin threads with the touch of a button. No need to draw up the bobbin thread to start sewing again.
- Drop Feed (+)Feed teeth can be lowered for button sewing or free-motion sewing - a must-have for quilters! Simply slide the Drop Feed Lever to lower the feed teeth. Slide it back and turn the handwheel one full turn to raise the feed teeth again.
- Touch Button Stitch Selection (+)Select your stitch with a simple touch of a button - the optimum stitch length and stitch width are preselected so you can start sewing faster, but stitch settings can be adjusted as desired to customized for your projects
- Direct Selection Stitches (10)Most commonly used stitches are conveniently located on the front of the machine and available with a single touch of a button.
- Adjustable Stitch Length (+)Customize the appearance of a stitch by increasing or decreasing the distance between stitches. Use this function for various stitch techniques like applique, basting and more.
- Adjustable Stitch Width (7mm)The size of the stitch from left to right is adjustable, to make the stitch sew narrower or wider as desired.
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure (+)When sewing very lightweight or heavyweight fabrics, it may at times be necessary to decrease or increase the presser foot pressure to help the machine feed the fabric through the machine.
- Reverse (Touch Button)Sew stitches in reverse, usually done to secure a seam at the beginning and end to prevent unraveling.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame (+)The machine's interior frame is metal, providing long lasting durability
- High-Performance Motor (+)The machine has a motor that is 60% stronger than a standard sewing machine motor, allowing you to sew at higher speeds up to 1100 stitches per minute.
- High Speed Stitching (1000/min)Professional speed for faster results.
- Speed Control (Lever)Set the maximum sewing speed of the machine
- Needle Up/Down (+)Select the needle's stopping position on demand
- Programmable Needle Up/Down (+)Set the needle's stopping position as desired. Press to have the needle stop down in the fabric each time you stop sewing, great for applique, topstitching and more.
- LCD Screen (+)LCD screen clearly displays your selected stitch as well as stitch settings for length and width.
- Extension Table Included (+)A large extension table is included, providing a level sewing surface for larger projects like quilts.
- Snap-On Presser Feet (+)Presser feet can be easily removed and attached when needed for various sewing techniques
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter (+)Presser foot has an extra high position available to accommodate thick fabrics
- Presser Foot Sensor (+)The presser foot must always be lowered before stepping on the foot control to start sewing. If an attempt to start sewing is made without first lowering the presser foot, the machine will signal with a beep to alert you to lower the presser foot.
- Variable Needle Positions (15)Adjust position of needle as desired for various sewing techniques like topstitching, edgestitching, zipper application, piping insertion and more
- Twin-Needle Function (+)For stitches other than the straight stitch, this function reduces stitch width for sewing with a twin needle so the needles clear the presser foot while sewing.
- Knee Lifter (+)Raise and lower the machine's presser foot while keeping both hands on your project. Great for large projects like quilts and home dÃ©cor.
- Convenient Ruler (+)Machine displays a ruler graphic, available for easy reference when needed
- Machine Size (20 x 9 x 14)
- Machine Weight (26)
- Box Size (25.5 x 12.9 x 17.9)
- Box Weight (37)
- Volts (120V)