Legacy™ C440 Sewing Machine
Legacy™ C440 Sewing Machine
- LCD Touch Screen for easy stitch selection
- 200 Built-in Stitches – basic, decorative, quilting
- Stitch Sequencing to create unique combinations
- Speed Control for precision or high volume
- 9 Bonus Presser Feet for multiple fabric types
The Legacy C440 sewing machine has 200 built-in stitch patterns including satin stitches, stretch stitches, decorative stitches – even quilting & heirloom stitches. Your stitch selection displays on the large LCD Touch Screen. You can mirror image, as well as adjust stitch length, width and density, providing even more creative options. Alpha-numeric stitch patterns are built in, which can even be combined with decorative stitches to create unique stitch sequences, then saved in one of the machine's built-in memories for personalizing gifts, quilts, children's clothing and much more. There is a Built-in Needle Threader and Top Drop-in Bobbin, making it easy to set up your machine for sewing. Set your machine's maximum sewing speed just the way you want it with the Speed Control. Lower the machine's feed teeth for free-motion sewing like stipple quilting or free-motion monogramming. Trim threads with a touch, using the convenient Thread Cutter Button. If you feel like you want a little assistance, there's an online Owner's Class video you can view anytime.
General Purpose Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Overcasting Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Straight Stitch Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Open Toe Foot, Embroidery Foot, Parallel Sewing Foot, Quilting Bar, Thread Spool Net, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdriver, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Bobbins (Class 15 transparent) and Pack of Needles
- Instructional Video (+)Learn your machine's basics like threading the machine correctly, selecting stitches, making a buttonhole, changing the needle and more. Available online whenever your are!
- Built-In Lettering (2)Personalize projects with words, phrases or monograms
- Stitch Elongation (+)Select stitches can be increased in length while maintainingstitch density
- Mirror Imaging (+)Invert stitch patterns from side to side for more creative options
- Built-In Stitches (200)Choose from a variety of stitches for basic sewing, decorative sewing, and more
- One-Step Buttonhole (13)Buttonholes are sewn in one easy step. Just place the button in the buttonhole foot and the machine sews a buttonhole perfectly sized for that button, delivering consistent results every time.
- Built-In Needle Threader (+)Effortlessly threads the eye of the needle eliminating eye strain and saving you time.
- Top Drop In Bobbin (+)Easy to thread and easy to see! The tranparent bobbin and cover allow you to monitor your thread supply so you don't run out of thread in the middle of a seam.
- Built-In Thread Cutter (+)Trim both the top and bobbin threads with the touch of a button. No need to draw up the bobbin thread to start sewing again.
- Drop Feed (+)Feed teeth can be lowered for button sewing or free-motion sewing - a must-have for quilters! Simply slide the Drop Feed Lever to lower the feed teeth. Slide it back and turn the handwheel one full turn to raise the feed teeth again.
- OneTouch™ Stitch Selection (+)Stitches are displayed on the machine's front panel. Simply touch of the button for the stitch you want and start sewing.
- Adjustable Stitch Length (+)Customize the appearance of a stitch by increasing or decreasing the distance between stitches. Use this function for various stitch techniques like applique, basting and more.
- Adjustable Stitch Width (+)The size of the stitch from left to right is adjustable, to make the stitch sew narrower or wider as desired.
- Self-Adjusting Tension System (+)Select your stitch with the turn of a dial, and the machine will adjust the tensions for your selected stitch automatically, saving you time.
- Reverse (Touch Button)Sew stitches in reverse, usually done to secure a seam at the beginning and end to prevent unraveling.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame (+)The machine's interior frame is metal, providing long lasting durability
- High Speed Stitching (800/min)Professional speed for faster results.
- Speed Control (Touch Button)Set the maximum sewing speed of the machine
- Start/Stop Button (+)Allows you to sew without using the foot control, if desired. Press the button to start sewing, then press again to stop sewing.
- Programmable Needle Up/Down (+)Set the needle's stopping position as desired. Press to have the needle stop down in the fabric each time you stop sewing, great for applique, topstitching and more.
- StayBright™ LED Lights (3)Multiple lights on both sides of the needle provide clear view of the sewing area while eliminating shadows
- LCD Screen (+)LCD screen clearly displays your selected stitch as well as stitch settings for length and width.
- Touch Screen (+)Touch the LCD screen to select stitches and stitch settings, view recommended presser foot and more
- Free Arm (+)Slide off the Removable Storage Compartment for access to the free arm, making it easy to sew trouser hems, sleeve cuffs and other smaller or tubular projects
- Snap-On Presser Feet (+)Presser feet can be easily removed and attached when needed for various sewing techniques
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter (+)Presser foot has an extra high position available to accommodate thick fabrics
- Variable Needle Positions (+)Adjust position of needle as desired for various sewing techniques like topstitching, edgestitching, zipper application, piping insertion and more
- Twin-Needle Function (+)For stitches other than the straight stitch, this function reduces stitch width for sewing with a twin needle so the needles clear the presser foot while sewing.
- Bobbin Class (15 Transparent)SINGER or INSPIRA branded bobbins are recommended for best results
- Needle Recommendation (2000, 2020, 2001, 2045, 2032)
- Machine Size (20.2 x 9.5 x 12.1)
- Machine Weight (20)
- Box Size (23.2 x 11.8 x 17)
- Box Weight (24.25)
- Amps (0.46)
- Watts (55)
- Volts (110V or 220V)