Measure diameter and thickness of button and add 1/8" (0.3 cm) for bar tacks; mark buttonhole size on fabric.
1. Remove the general purpose presser foot and attach the buttonhole presser foot.
2. Place fabric under the foot so the markings on the buttonhole foot align with the markings on the fabric.
3. Adjust the stitch length dial to 0.5 - 1 to set the density. Note: Density varies according to the fabric. Always sew a test buttonhole.
4. Follow the 4-step sequence changing from one step to another with the stitch pattern selector dial. Take care not to sew too many stitches in steps 1 and 3.
5. Insert a seam ripper to open the buttonhole from both ends towards the middle.
1. Reduce the upper thread tension SLIGHTLY for better results.
2. Use a backing for fine or stretchy fabrics.
3. It is advisable to use heavy thread or cord for stretch or knit fabrics.