Product quantity cannot be greater than 99
Holiday Applique Inspiration: Tips and Hints
This pillow features appliques in the shape of ornaments, and the appliques feature various sewing techniques. The “ornament fabrics” are first embellished, then the appliques are stitched to the main project fabric using a satin stitch. These appliques can be used not only on a pillow, but on a table runner, tree skirt, placemats and more. Read for tips and hints on creating these fun embellishments for your holiday project ideas.
The guidelines on the following pages provide key tips and hints for creating embellished appliques, not for creating a full project. Below is a list of basic items you’ll need for creating the applique techniques only, as shown in our project photo.
- Cording Foot
- Rolled Hem Foot
- Darning/Embroidery Foot
- Satin Stitch Foot
- Tear-away stabilizer
- Rayon thread or all-purpose thread for decorative stitching
- Bobbin thread (if sewing decorative stitches with rayon thread)
- Lightweight cord (such as pearl cotton)
- Fusible web or fabric spray adhesive
- Removable fabric marker
- Assorted cotton fabrics for creating the appliques (amount depends on the number of appliques you want to make)
- Ornament templates (provided within this document)