Silver Heritage™ 8748 Silver Sewing Machine
Silver Heritage™ 8748 Silver Sewing Machine
- 24 Built-in Stitches - basic, stretch, decorative
- SwiftSmart™ Threading System for effortless threading
- Drop & Sew™ Bobbin System for easy bobbin thread pick up
- OneTouch Stitch Selection
- Large Sewing Space accommodates larger project
Stylish and easy to use, the Singer 8748 Heritage Sewing Machine is an ideal choice for beginner sewists. This sewing machine features SwiftSmart threading system and one-touch automatic needle threader, drop and sew bobbin system with automatic bobbin thread pick-up, presser foot sensor, and machine intro DVD, to make sewing simple and fun. It is also equipped with LED lights for great visibility and drop feed for free motion sewing and stippling. You can use it for stitching apparel, home decor, quilts and more. Its vast array of features and included accessories make it a great pick even for experienced sewers.
All-Purpose foot, Zipper foot, Buttonhole foot with underplate, Blind hem foot, Satin stitch foot, Pack of needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread spool caps, Auxiliary spool pin. Spool pin felt, Needle plate screwdriver, Seam ripper Lint brush, Soft-Sided dust cover, Instruction manual, Quick start guide
- Built-In Stitches (24)Choose from a variety of stitches for basic sewing, decorative sewing, and more
- One-Step Buttonhole (2)Buttonholes are sewn in one easy step. Just place the button in the buttonhole foot and the machine sews a buttonhole perfectly sized for that button, delivering consistent results every time.
- Built-In Needle Threader (+)Effortlessly threads the eye of the needle eliminating eye strain and saving you time.
- SwiftSmart™ Threading System (+)Guide the thread directy from the spool to the needle area through a single groove, then thread the needle by pressing the threading lever for one-touch threading.
- Drop & Sew™ Bobbin System (+)Threading the bobbin has never been easier! Place your wound bobbin in the bobbin holder, stage the thread in the thread guides and you're ready to sew. No need to draw up the bobbin thread, saving you time.
- Top Drop In Bobbin (+)Easy to thread and easy to see! The tranparent bobbin and cover allow you to monitor your thread supply so you don't run out of thread in the middle of a seam.
- Drop Feed (+)Feed teeth can be lowered for button sewing or free-motion sewing - a must-have for quilters! Simply slide the Drop Feed Lever to lower the feed teeth. Slide it back and turn the handwheel one full turn to raise the feed teeth again.
- OneTouch™ Stitch Selection (+)Stitches are displayed on the machine's front panel. Simply touch of the button for the stitch you want and start sewing.
- Direct Selection Stitches (+)Most commonly used stitches are conveniently located on the front of the machine and available with a single touch of a button.
- Adjustable Stitch Length (5mm)Customize the appearance of a stitch by increasing or decreasing the distance between stitches. Use this function for various stitch techniques like applique, basting and more.
- Adjustable Stitch Width (7mm)The size of the stitch from left to right is adjustable, to make the stitch sew narrower or wider as desired.
- Self-Adjusting Tension System (+)Select your stitch with the turn of a dial, and the machine will adjust the tensions for your selected stitch automatically, saving you time.
- Reverse (Touch Button)Sew stitches in reverse, usually done to secure a seam at the beginning and end to prevent unraveling.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame (+)The machine's interior frame is metal, providing long lasting durability
- High Speed Stitching (750/min)Professional speed for faster results.
- StayBright™ LED Lights (3)Multiple lights on both sides of the needle provide clear view of the sewing area while eliminating shadows
- LCD Screen (+)LCD screen clearly displays your selected stitch as well as stitch settings for length and width.
- Free Arm (+)Slide off the Removable Storage Compartment for access to the free arm, making it easy to sew trouser hems, sleeve cuffs and other smaller or tubular projects
- Machine Cover (Soft Cover)A cover is provided with your machine to help keep it dust free when not in use
- Snap-On Presser Feet (+)Presser feet can be easily removed and attached when needed for various sewing techniques
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter (+)Presser foot has an extra high position available to accommodate thick fabrics
- Presser Foot Sensor (+)The presser foot must always be lowered before stepping on the foot control to start sewing. If an attempt to start sewing is made without first lowering the presser foot, the machine will signal with a beep to alert you to lower the presser foot.
- Variable Needle Positions (13)Adjust position of needle as desired for various sewing techniques like topstitching, edgestitching, zipper application, piping insertion and more
- Twin-Needle Function (+)For stitches other than the straight stitch, this function reduces stitch width for sewing with a twin needle so the needles clear the presser foot while sewing.
- Bobbin Class (15J Transparent)SINGER or INSPIRA branded bobbins are recommended for best results
- Machine Size (23 x 10 x 13)
- Machine Weight (17.2)
- Box Size (20 x 13 x 20)
- Box Weight (22.25)
- Amps (0.62)
- Watts (74)
- Volts (110V)
- Hz (60)
- Warranty (1yr / 5yr / 25yr)